Welcome to PowerShell Explained. Here is a collection of popular resources I have created to explain the way PowerShell works.
Here are the most recent articles that have been posted to the site.
- 2020-03-15 Powershell: Everything you wanted to know about ShouldProcess
- 2020-03-10 Powershell: How to Disable SMBv3 Compression
- 2019-08-11 Powershell: Everything you wanted to know about the IF statement
- 2019-04-11 Powershell: Building Micro Modules
- 2019-03-18 Powershell: Jira module project
- 2019-01-02 What happened to kevinmarquette.github.io?
- 2019-01-01 2018: What have you done with PowerShell this year?
- 2018-12-23 Powershell: Everything you wanted to know about $null
Language Reference Pages
These articles first introduce a basic PowerShell language feature, show how to use it, and then dives deeper and deeper into the topic. They will have something for all skill levels and were designed for you to return to over and over as your PowerShell skills improve.
- Variable substitution
- If Statement
- Switch Statement
Doing stuff with PowerShell
In this collection of articles, I cover specific tasks that can be performed with PowerShell. These are the common things that you will run into as you start to use PowerShell. The more advanced topics can be found by using the links in the more section.
- Reading and writing to files
- Installing MSIs
- Installing Remote Software
- Creating a Basic Module
- Creating a Binary Module
There are many more articles that I have written that contain information that is just as valuable as those featured on the front page. Please use these links to access the rest of my content.
PowerShell is a large topic and you will run into questions that I have not covered on this site. Here are a few communities that can help you.
- PowerShell.org/forums A place where you can ask your questions and talk with members of the community.
- Reddit.com/r/PowerShell Another great community for you to ask your questions.
- PowerShell Slack A very active slack for all things PowerShell.
Please report any issues with this site as a GitHub Issue.